Pursuant to the Directive on services in the internal market (Directive 2006/123/EC), ratified in Book 6 of the Dutch Civil Code article 230b-230e and also pursuant to the Lawyers Directive (Verordening op de advocatuur), we are obligated to provide our clients with the following information. This information is complement to the information provided in our General terms and conditions and has to be read accordingly.
- Our General terms and conditions apply to the legal relationship between you and De Voort. Pursuant to article 11 of our General terms and conditions Dutch law is exclusively applicable to the legal relationship between you and De Voort Advocaten | Mediators. Our General terms and conditions can be found here.
- As mentioned in article 4 of our General terms and conditions, De Voort is insured in accordance with a professional liability insurance issued by Allianz Benelux N.V. located in Rotterdam for failure to perform on the part of, financial loss caused by, and error or omission in the service carried out by De Voort, for a maximum amount of € 5.000.000 per event with a maximum insured amount per year of € 10.000.000.
The address of the insurance company is:
Allianz Benelux N.V.
3000 AT ROTTERDAM
- The profession of lawyers in The Netherlands is licenced. Our work as a lawyer is among others subject to the Lawyers Act (Advocatenwet). Article 1 paragraph 1 of this Act states that every lawyer has to be admitted to the Bar of the the Dutch Lawyers Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten or NOvA). Pursuant to that provision all our lawyers are admitted to the Bar. The contact details of the NOvA are:
Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten
Neuhuyskade 94 2596 XM THE HAGUE
- Pursuant to article 46 of the Lawyers Act our work as a lawyer is subject to the disciplinary law established by the NOvA. The applicable rules a lawyer has to abide to are incorporated in the Lawyers Principles 2018 (Gedragsregels 2018). These principles can be found here (Dutch language only).
- Pursuant to article 11 of our General terms and conditions, all services and/or (other) activities carried out by De Voort are subject to our complaints mechanism, as required by article 6.28 of the Lawyers Directive. A complaint can be filed with the chairman of the partnership De Voort by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If our complaints mechanism does not provide a solution to the complaint and furthermore regarding any dispute, the district court in Breda is exclusively competent, subject to applicability of article 93 of the Dutch Code of Civil Procedure. Our complaints mechanism can be found here.
- The services and/or (other) activities carried out by De Voort can be subject to value added tax. The VAT number of De Voort is 8093.53.246.B.01